So much has been written about Pope Benedict’s renunciation of Feb. 11, 2013, that it is easy to forget or miss important articles. Since a lot of visitors who come to The From Rome Blog want to read about Benedict’s renunciation, it is helpful to have in one post, a list of all the Articles published here.
This is a topical, not chronological list: that is, it lists articles according to what aspect of the controversy they principally deal with, not according to the date they were published.
Before reading any of the Articles, see this public notice about FACTS VS CONJECTURE
And make sure to read the last section, which is the MOST important: What we must now do!
An Index to our Articles on Pope Benedict’s Renunciation
The Renunciation of Feb. 11, 2013
Latin Text of Non Solum propter
- Br. Bugnolo’s Exact translation into English of the Text to show that it was not coherent (versione Italiana)
- Br. Bugnolo’s Study of the more than 40 grammatical and canonical errors in the Text (versione Italiana)
- Br. Bugnolo’s Third Translation, attempting to reveal the authentic meaning by ignoring the narrative about what it is supposed to say, and rendering the text into English solely according to the grammatical sense.
- The Lost Editorial of Luciano Canfora: Clamorous Errors in the Latin of the Declaratio, Feb. 12, 2013 (Corriere della Sera): Italian with English translation by Br. Bugnolo: in second half of the article.
Vernacular Translations of Non solum propter
- Br. Bugnolo’s English translation of the Text to make it appear to be coherent
- The Vatican Has Intentionally falsified the Translations of the Text to make it appear to be a valid resignation: A textual study of all the major translations.
- From a Correspondent: The German Translation of the text was touched up in its final redaction by a non-native speaker of German, and seems to be a translation of the English at the Vatican Website
The History of the Claim that the Text means Benedict resigned the Papacy
- Meet Giovanni Chirri, mother of the notion that Benedict resigned the Papacy
- How Cardinal Sodano robbed the Papacy from Benedict by violating Canons 40 and 41 in misinterpreting the canonical significance of the Act
- How the News that Benedict resigned the Papacy is itself canonically invalid
- Mons. Arrieta affirms that no one has the right to say that the Act means anything other than what it says, during his meeting with Br. Bugnolo, Dec. 11, 2019, at the offices of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, Rome, Italy.
- A Fictitious Canonical Case to explain why an extrinsic method of interpreting a Papal Resignation is the worse possible way and most error prone method to understand what it means.
- Why it is now clear that the Renunciation must be re-examined without relying on the testimony of Benedict’s private secretary
- The Prefect of the Papal Household refuses to discuss the invalidity of the Resignation, now, why would that be?
- In 2021, it was revealed that Cardinal Raymond Burke doubted the validity of the Renunciation in February 2013, but has publicly hidden his doubts from the faithful for 8 years.
- Video: The Message in the Bottle, produced by Italian film crew and released in Italian, English, now translated into French, Spanish etc.
Why Pope Benedict Renounced the Ministry which He had received from the Cardinals
- The Vatican Coup d’Etat of Feb 2013
- How and Why the Renunciation may have been forced, Feb 11, 2012 to Feb 11, 2013 in review
- The Plot to Remove Benedict and Imprison him, and in what it may have consisted
- How and why Benedict may have resigned the Ministry to undermine the St Gallen Mafia’s plans
- How Benedict’s decision to renounce the Ministry may have been caused by error
- What Pope Benedict XVI means by munus and ministerium
- Ann Barnhardt’s Video on why the renunciation of ministry may have been intentional
- Our Lady of the Pine may have warned Benedict not to resign for a profound reason
- Andrea Cionci: The Renunciation that was written to break the bank, English translation of the article which appeared in the Italian Daily, the Libero, June 11, 2020, and which shook the Church in Italy. The Bishop’s Daily responded only by personal attacks.
- Andrea Cionci’s “Possible Reconstruction of Benedict’s Plan B”, published here in English as, “Benedict XVI’s Masterstroke against Globalism and Freemasonry” (PDF and Online Version), which is the MOST complete reconstruction according to the words and statements of Pope Benedict XVI. — A MUST READ, DROP EVERYTHING NOW!
What Pope Benedict says His resignation means and meant
- Pope Benedict XVI says that it was never his intention to resign the Veranvortung (Munus, spiritual Mandate)
- Pope Benedict XVI in Feb. 2013 said in every way possible that He had not resigned the Papacy
- Pope Benedict XVI on Feb. 14, 2013 explained to the Clergy of Rome how to see that He had not resigned the Papacy
- How the Vatican’s attempt to get Benedict to call Bergoglio the Pope failed in June 2019
- Dr. Mazza’s study of Pope Benedict’s writings shows conclusively he knew what he was doing, and that he never intended to resign fully, which is explained in the analysis of Dr. Mazza’s study.
- Pope Benedict XVI explains to Seewald that He never resigned the munus.
- Pope Benedict XVI declares the Apostolic See impeded
- After 9 Years, Pope Benedict XVI continues to wear the Ring of the Fisherman
What in truth does the Act of Renouncing the Ministry mean or effect?
- Jesus Christ’s Point of view on this.
- Pope John Paul II admitted that a Papal renunciation could be invalid.
- The 6 Canonical Errors in the Act of Renunciation, which deprive it of all effect.
- The Canonical Argument that the Act does not cause the loss of the Papacy (ppbxvi.org)
- Video Explanation, prepared by Brian Murphy with input from Br. Bugnolo
- Ann Barnhardt’s authoritative Video on Substantial Error
- L’argomento canonico che dimostra che la Rinuncia non effettua la perdita del papato
- What Pope John Paul II taught about Munus and Ministerium, and how it binds the whole Church.
- The Magisterial Teaching of Pope Boniface VIII regarding the necessity of renouncing the Munus
- Why Saint Alponsus dei Liguori would say that the Renunciation, as written, is invalid.
- Why, on account of only resigning the Ministry, Pope Benedict made it dogmatically impossible that Bergoglio be the Pope
- Why, on account of only resigning the Ministry. Pope Benedict made it canonically impossible that Bergoglio’s election as pope was valid.
- VIDEO: 7 Part Documentary by Br. Bugnolo investigating the meaning, significance and effects of the Renunciation: Pope Benedict XVI’s Renunciation: the Facts, the Laws, and the Consequences.
- VIDEO: Benedict is still the Pope — Shared with tens of thousands of Catholic Clergy and Bishops round the world.
A Scholastic Investigation into the Canonical Meaning of the Resignation
Here Br. Bugnolo has gathered all the major arguments for and against and shows which side has the better argument.
- English Version here at The From Rome Blog.
- English Version in PDF format at ppbxvi.org (This copy was sent to Benedict in Feb, 2019)
- Italian Version in PDF at ppbxvi.org (This copy was sent to all the Clergy of Rome, Nov. 2019)
- The Spanish version here at The From Rome Blog. (Many thanks to the volunteer who translated this!)
- Proof that this argument was made known to Pope Benedict in Feb. 2019 and that Pope Benedict has tacitly accepted this argument
- The Clergy of the Church of Rome now know of this argument
- The Vatican has tacitly accepted that this argument is Valid
Why does Pope Benedict XVI call himself, “Pope emeritus”?
- The legal strategy is a brilliant maneuver in a game of 4th dimensional chess
- “Emeritus” does not mean what you think, since there is no such office
The Dubious Arguments and outright Falsehoods used to defend that the renunciation caused Benedict to lose the Papacy
- A refutation of LifeSite’s Hit piece against the truth that the Resignation was invalid
- Eminent Canonist at Rome admits that the Renunciation is uncanonical (Italian translation at ChiesaRomana.info)
- Has Cardinal Brandmueller ever read Canon 17
- A Refutation of Sicoe’s Shell-Game
- Where Dr Roberto de Mattei get’s it wrong
- Edward Pentin marshals straw men to the fight
- Life Site News attempts to trott out Canon 15 §2.
- A Reply to Father Brian Harrison’s, “Is Benedict still the pope?”
- Father Zuhlsdorf speaks confusedly and is corrected by Br. Bugnolo
- Bishop Schneider and Dr. Taylor Marshal: 2 proven dishonest liars
CONFIRMATIONS FROM ROME THAT BENEDICT IS STILL THE POPE
- Bergoglio calls Benedict, “the Pope” at Panama City Youth Gathering
- The Vatican concedes that Benedict is still the Pope
- The Vatican has now accepted that Bergoglio is an antipope
- Top Canonist at Rome admits that Bergoglio’s claim to the papacy is no more than that of an Antipope
- Archbishop Ganswein’s 2019 Christmas card admits that Benedict is still the Pope
- Assessor of the Secretary of State at Vatican, calls Benedict XVI “the Supreme Pontiff” in Nov. 2021
WHAT CATHOLICS SHOULD DO IN RESPONSE
- It is our grave and solemn duty to Canonically Restore Pope Benedict, and how to do it which contains a complete list of the Canonical Crimes of the Cardinals and Bishops who say Benedict resigned the Papacy.
- We should not allow the St. Gallen Mafia to prevail
- Why we should NOT give up on those who think Bergoglio is the pope simply because they never seriously examined the evidence: the personal testimony of Br. Bugnolo
- How a Bishop can use this information to depose Bergoglio by a simple declaration
- How Bishops who pretend the resignation is valid might be excommunicated already
- Why no Cardinal nor Bishop has an excuse before God for saying Benedict is not the Pope. (The same article in Spanish)
- THE CANONICAL RIGHT OF EVERY PRIEST to stop naming Bergoglio in the Canon of the Mass
- A Battle Guide for Catholics in the work of calling the local clergy back to allegiance to Pope Benedict.
- Pope Benedict XVI will have a successor!