Commentary by Br. Alexis Bugnolo
There is a lot of truth in this video, and it merits to be heard in its totality. But Mr. Jones makes some errors in this video which are do egregious, I have to point them out to avoid the appearance that I agree with him on them:
- Archbishop Lefebvre by ordaining 4 Bishops in 1988 did not commit an act of schism nor did he go into schism. The canonical crime or fact of schism requires the rejection of the principle of authority as the legitimate source of ecclesial union. No on in the SSPX ever denied the true Roman Pontiff was the true Roman Pontiff until the Declaratio of Pope Benedict XVI.
- John Paul II did not excommunicate Lefebvre on canonical grounds, but on personal grounds of his disdain for the Traditional Latin Mass. Wotyla was a radical liberal who never wore a cassock off-clock and hated the ancient ritual discipline. That is why Paul VI named him to the Congregation for Worship when it said that the Novus Ordo abolished the old mass, which was a big lie.
- The error of seeking a simple explanation for a complex problem also has to do with those who blame all Jews for the problems which are being organized and orchestrated by the Masonic Lodges, especially the Skull and Bones, Pilgrim Society, Grand Orient and Prussian Lodges, which are only partly Jewish, but totally anti-Catholic. Not all Jews hate Christ or Christianity. Many do not even know Christ and have no interest in religion. Many Orthodox Jews are the best allies of Catholics. This does not diminish the fact that the militant atheistic, masonic or marxists among them are among the leaders of these movements in every nation. But we must not blame the race for the sins of some of its members, just as we do not blame all of the Crusades or Crusaders for the sins of a few of them. Nor did Paul by the term Jew signify all who were descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but rather those who rejected Christ, knowing Who He was and claimed to be. This is why in the Ancient Roman Rite the term, perfideus iudaeus is used. It refers to that part of Israel, not to the race as a race.
- Schism as a canonical reality or crime is not simply a sin against charity. The problem is not schism in the Church, but narrative control to direct Catholic forces, responses, and entities along lines which the Masonic Lodges have planned to divert, disrupt and break up opposition. The Church has never used the term schism in the canonical sense to refer to petty divisions or rivalries which exist or even arose among Saints.
- Cancer is not infectious between people, but it is infectious from organ to organ in the human body. For this reason, while it is against charity to leave others in error, it is not against charity to separate yourself from those in error, just as it is necessary to move out of a bad part of town if you do not want yourself to be murdered, mugged or have your children grow up to be druggies.
- Bishop Williamson is not outside the Church. To “accept Vatican II in the light of tradition”, a phrase which means accept Vatican II as an authentic magisterial act, is in fact contrary to the gospel and the theological Magisterium of Christ, which defines as pastoral the preaching of the truth or the establishing of discipline which is based upon that. Vatican II declared to do neither, but insisted it was pastoral. That is the Great Anti-Logos Lie of the modern times and modern ecclesiology.
- There never was one Latin rite in the Roman Church, except perhaps in the first centuries. Nor does ecclesial unity require or come about from one rite. Such a thesis contradicts the reality of the Church in 2000 years which has more than 23 rites.
- It is not the mind of the Church that the Novus Ordo be the modern form of the Mass, in fact, there is no definitive decision of the Roman Pontiff in this sense. Nor can it be, since the Missale Romanum of St. Pius V declared the opposite and such a declaration cannot be undone by any Roman Pontiff in aeternum.
- The liturgical consumerism does not come from permitting the wider use of the Ancient Rite, by Pope Benedict XVI, it comes from the fact that the Novus Ordo was introduced by Paul VI and created a vicious debilitating downward dragging liturgical habit in most of the Roman Rite. That is why the good of souls demands it be abolished totally. It is not of God, and if you cannot see that, you know nothing about the Logos.