WATCH: We've released frightening footage of an e-scooter battery explosion with a #ChargeSafe plea. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt but residents of the shared house in #Harlesden had to be rehomed due to the devastation. https://t.co/96LoDuBxRh pic.twitter.com/iHQ8MCnEgj— London Fire Brigade (@LondonFire) May 18, 2023
One thought on “London Fire Brigade warns that Electric Scooters are fire hazards”
Li batteries tend to swell at hot temperatures. During this natural hot day, this must have caused the battery pack to blow up.
The good thing about these batteries is they smoke first like burning plastic before bursting.