by Br. Alexis Bugnolo
You do not see me write often about the Latin Mass, but that is not because I am not in favor of it. The Novus Ordo is a perfect doctrinal and liturgical and formative disaster in every possible way, even in the vernacular used.
But the recent phobias which have been intentionally induced in the masses by globalists who want total domination of every aspect of everyone’s life, is now the occasion to say something that was not taken seriously in modern times, when plagues and epidemics rarely occur and rarely kill with the frequency and inexplicability of past ages.
What am I speaking about?
It is this: the Ancient Roman Rite is more hygienic.
Consider the following comparisons
- In the Novus Ordo, the priest says mass facing the people, so if he sneezes, or if any of them sneeze, someone is more likely to get infected. But in the Ancient Roman Rite, the priest celebrates ad orientem, that is, facing the apex of the nave and with his back to the narthex (the lobby at the doors on the west side), thus shielding him from sneezes from the faithful, and them from his own.
- In the Novus Ordo, the altar is closer to the people, wheras in the ancient rite it was at the head of the sanctuary, much further away from the pews.
- In the Novus Ordo, the canon is much longer, and since it is said aloud, the priest must strive to enunciate it more dramatically, which causes many more explosions of human spittle during the pronunciations, than in the Ancient Roman Rite where the canon is said softly without any strong labial movements, which cause such things.
- In the Novus Ordo, there is no separation of the Sanctuary (presbytery) from the main section of the nave, which is often on the same level, whereas in the Ancient Roman Rite the churches had a sanctuary which was 3, 5, 7 or even 9 steps higher than the rest of the nave, and was guarded by a communion rail, or rood screen.
- In the Novus Ordo, many more words are said aloud by both the priest and the faithful, than in the Ancient Roman Rite, where for the most part the congregation remains quite and prayerful.
- In the Novus Ordo, missalettes are placed in the pews which are shared daily by everyone, thus increasing diffusion of any germs, whereas in the Ancient Roman Rite there was no need, and those who did, brought their own personal missal, which they alone touched.
- In the Novus Ordo, the congregation is asked to sing together everything, thus increasing by many orders of magnitude the amount of atmosphere in the Church which shares germs, but in the Ancient Roman Rite the priest or a single cantor chanted the propers of the Mass of the day.
- In the Novus Ordo, the sign of peace is a close physical handshake or hug shared by everyone at every mass, whereas in the Ancient Roman Rite it is a brief gesture between the Priest and the deacon and subdeacon at high mass only.
- In the Novus Ordo, incense for the most part as been abandoned, but in the Ancient Roman Rite incense, especially myrrh which has natural antiseptic properties, was frequently used on high feast days when the largest numbers gathered together in the Church.
- In the Novus Ordo, the faithful are encouraged if not made to feel guilty, if they do not share the Most Precious Blood from the same chalice, whereas in the Ancient Roman Rite the chalice was reserved to the Priest.
- In the Novus Ordo, there is concelebration and often even other ministers who stand next to the altar at every mass, whereas in the Ancient Roman Rite there is no concelebration, and even at high mass the Deacon and subdeacon stand at a distance and during the canon at the back of the priest celebrating.
- In the Novus Ordo, the Most Blessed Sacrament is often placed in the hands of the faithful who have been touching the pews, missalettes and one another, but in the Ancient Roman Rite it is placed upon the tongue of a kneeling communicant, so that the priest can more easily do so without encountering their saliva.
Therefore, I say, even if you believe the hype of Coronavirus, or whether you simply are more conscientious now of the need of hygiene, you should be able to see that the time for a universal and complete restoration of the Ancient Roman Rite has come.
May God grant it so!
CREDITS: The Featured Image is of Pope Benedict XVI offering the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ to the Eternal Father.
+ + +
10 thoughts on “The time to return en masse to Ancient Roman Rite has come!”
Absolutely correct! It is high past time! I am convinced that the real 3rd Secret of Fatima contains Our Lady’s warning about changes in the Mass – and this is one reason why the Secret has been suppressed. There is much scholarly documentation pointing to this. Thank you, Brother, for all you are doing to get the Truth out in our times!
Dr. Maria Desjardins
For a good discussion of one source through which we suspect, with good reason, that the 3rd Secret warns against changes in the Mass, see this article: https://archive.fatima.org/perspectives/ts/perspective860.asp
Dr. Maria Desjardins
Dear Dr Desjardin,
Show me the text. You source has it third hand. Your link which is suspect from the start as Chris Ferrara denies his own colleague Fr. Gruner declared for Pope Benedict in 2014 just before he died.
“He also told Dollinger that the published part of the Secret is authentic and that the unpublished part of the Secret speaks about ‘a bad council and a bad Mass’ that was to come in the near future.”
Chris Ferrara says Maike Hickson says Herr Dollinger says Benedict as Card. Ratzinger says….
“Apostasy in the Church” is eyewitness testimony of the Cardinals and others who were there when John XXIII read the Third Secret–one page, 25 lines–in 1959.
None of those men who saw it ever testified to a “bad council and a bad Mass.”
Further documentation from Fr. Paul Kramer, who definitely agrees with Fr. Gruner regarding Pope Benedict:
Hopefully, this link will work! I have a pdf of its contents – but not sure how to attach a pdf to posts on this site —
Bl. Ann Catherine Emmerich’s account of two popes (one of a false church) & the devastation of Rome that is to come, cannot be far away. Both ‘popes’ are now in their last days & Rome (& the world) is in turmoil due to the coronavirus hype & vile threats from the NWO depopulation programme to fulfil their desire to wipe-out the OHC&A Church. This vision of two ‘popes’ has been corroborated by the children of Fatima – the pope & a bishop in white. When this occurs & Our Lady’s Triumph begins we will see the complete return to Tradition & the active return of the gifts of the Holy Ghost which is the hallmark of Christ’s institution.
Tradition was taken from us by evil men who were placed in seminaries to impose Modernism with all its vices into the CC. They were, therefore, improperly ordained & elevated & accordingly any changes they made would not be recognised in Heaven. The ploy of allowing very small factions of the Church to have continued access to TLM & all the Sacraments is of the Devil. The fact that the order most involved in offering this grace is now facing the same grim charges of pedophilia & homosexual activity as we have witnessed in the Mother Church seems to underline Satan’s usurpation of the entire CC.
Great will be the relief of our decades of suffering when Our Lady at last crushes the serpent’s head & we are re-united with the true successors of St. Peter & the First Apostles.
Well said Ana. Getting from now to then in the Church will most purgatorial for all of us. But, to some extent, hasn’t it been this way since Vatican II?
Pope St Gregory VII (Hildebrand)
St Madeleine Sophie Barat
The Third Secret, the missing part, warns of the Apostasy in the Church. It warns of a false pope leading people into a Church of Hell. This is as far as we know for sure from eyewitness accounts of those who read the missing page, of Our Lady’s explanation of the visions, the page of twenty-five lines that Sr. Lucia wrote on January 9, 1944. (My Grandmother’s 33rd birthday, incidentally.)
It says nothing of a new Mass or a council, even though Pius XII warned it would be suicidal to change the Mass or traditional Church teaching. I think the text in Zavala’s book is the missing page. But its provenance has yet to be demonstrated, despite promises by Zavala to do so, nor has it ever been seen in public in hard copy.
According to Fr. Gruner (below) it contains the explanation of the vision and the Bergoglian Antipapacy and Anti-Church. And we should demand it pursuant to Church law–as given in the First Vatican Council and the Council if Lyons in 1227 A. D.–of the Holy Father, Pope Benedict.
If it was stolen and destroyed in the reign of the Paul VI, the Un-Blessed, as it is rumored, Pope Benedict should say so.
This video is worth 6 and a half minutes of your time. Despite one mistaken, in claiming that Pope Benedict specifically said “I do not resign the munus,” it is an excellent video that really puts to flight and to shame all Trad Inc. partisans who deny the true pope for the pot of Bergoglian poisoned porridge.
Canon 332.2 holds as we all know by now that:
If a Pope resigns he must resign the munus (or office, mandate, or, cf. Fra Bugnolo: “the charge”);
But Benedict says he resigns the ministry.
Therefore he does not resign the munus, office, charge, mandate; in a word, the Papacy.
The good father misquotes Benedict who did not “say” he is not resigning the munus. See @5:00 minute mark. Nonetheless, it is a fair inference, implication and reading of Pope Benedict’s statement.
“That’s what will be explained by the Third Secret. And you have a right to ask for it. It’s explained in those twenty-five lines. …Our Lady will explain it to you.” @6:00 to 6:27, end.
Comments are closed.